Jean Monnet Project no. 620415-EPP-1-2020-1-RO-EPPJMO-MODULE, European Smart Cities for Sustainable Development (SmartEU) (2020-2023) is focused on the triple objective of the Europe 2020 strategy which emphases the importance of smart, sustainable and inclusive-cohesive growth and aims to enhance awareness on the EU smart cities development.
The project aims to address the objectives and priorities of the Action, throughout the following specific objectives:
- Deliver 3 new and interdisciplinary courses that will help students and young researchers to align their research to EU standards and priorities, to offer the necessary knowledge to work and live in a smart city and to train them for a competitive and dynamic labour market
- Promoting excellence in teaching and research on EU smart cities, living and working in urban communities and European Best Practice exchange
- Developing new borders of knowledge for students and young researchers in interdisciplinary fields and support adaptation to a hyper-connected and complex environment
- Encourage the exchange of ideas between students, teachers, policy-makers, business representatives and the general public as a whole and strengthen the role of EU smart cities in a globalised world.
The project will deliver three new and interdisciplinary courses; elaborate a portfolio of teaching materials; organise 3 workshops and an international conference; publish one conference volume and conduct innovative research activities.
Beneficiaries: students and young researchers from different disciplines, enrolled at UAIC or others from the region, and who are interested in understanding and enhancing awareness on the EU smart cities development.
We are glad to invite you to submit your papers and to participate in the International Conference "Sustainable Development of European Smart Cities", on 9th – 10th of JUNE 2023, IASI, ROMANIA.
The International Conference "Sustainable Development of European Smart Cities" 2023 is an initiative dedicated to open, inclusive, formal, and informal dialogue on topics related to the Smart Cities concept from different perspectives with members of academia, young researchers, professionals, and city representatives, among others. The conference is intended to be one major outcome of the Jean Monnet Project no. 620415-EPP-1-2020-1-RO-EPPJMO-MODULE, European Smart Cities for Sustainable Development (SmartEU), within the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
More details in the call of papers below. CFP-SmartEU-update.pdf
Abstract and paper temple: SMART EU - Template Abstract and Manuscript.docx
For registration at the conference and abstract submission please access the following link: https://forms.gle/wj2XbDzq5rSTrcUx9
New!!! CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS IS NOW AVAILABLE HERE:
Smart EU volume_Conference Proceedings_2023.pdf
Please check this out!! New opportunity for publication within our conference:
Summer School enrollment has closed.
Registration to JM Summer School courses-Academic year 2022-2023
Students' registration to the SmartEU, academic year 2022-2023, is NOW closed. Participation is open to students and young researchers from different disciplines, enrolled at UAIC or other universities from the region. See the description of the courses.
The courses will start in May-June, 2023: 2-14 May 2023 and 6-11 June 2023.
The schedule will be sent to the enrolled students. The meetings will be in a hybrid format.
Documents for registration:
- 1. Identity card - copy; 2
- 2. CV - europass format (.doc; .docx; .pdf);
- 3. Student certificate (only for people from outside UAIC);
- 4. Completion of the registration form
Online Registration !! Please have the above-mentioned documents ready and fill out the registration form.
To prevent spamming, we kindly ask you to login:
- If you are a FEAA student, please use your Teams credentials.
- If you are not a FEAA student, please login using the following credentials:
- User name: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Smarteu2021